- Hi OIJ, thank you for having some time for the interview. How are you doing?
I'm good. Hope you are well too and healthy in these crazy times.
- On July 3rd come out your new EP "Jikan", tell us something about it, the making, the songs...
Jikan means time in Japanese. It is a collection of recordings that I made in the year that I think showcase all the different genres that I enjoy to make with OIJ.
The latest single, 'Take Your Time' is a very soothing and comforting song that resonates well with the times. Not having to rush things to make them go well.
Which is coherent with the EP, having taken some time to finish.It's a mix between indie dance and pop.
'Elation' was more made with the idea of a bit of a dancey vibe to it, and a release on the dancefloor.
'By Myself' has some rap influences and is a song about spending time alone, without others. Which can also be nice for a change. Though that is due to Corona forced upon us.
'Seconds Away From Love' is a song about being very close to something but just not quite there yet. It's more of a deep pop song.
- If I'm not mistaken, your last EP is from 2017, how did you spend this last 3 years?
I've spent time playing shows and working on new material. I have quite some songs in the pipeline that I hope to release in the coming months.
- Have you been in Japan lately?
Unfortunately not, but I do play to go as soon as Corona is less of a dominant factor in our lives. Japan is such an amazing inspirational country to visit, I try to do it as much as I can!
- How did you spend Corona's period?
I've spent a lot of time in the studio working on new songs for myself as well as others.
Not being able to play live has directed my focus completely towards creation, with no distractions.
- When will we be able to see you playing live? still with the lights show?
Due to Corona I'm unfortunately unable to say when shows will be possible again. But it'll be with the lights yes! Once I know I'll be sure to tell you.